Wind (current)

Oct 5th - This One Is Short...

Sorry everyone, I'm just going to put the figures up for today without comments.  I'm having a problem with a sore neck which in turn is giving me pounding headaches.  Normally I don't get headaches...ever!  When I signed up for this job they didn't tell me that I could suffer injury to my body!

Today:
Turkey Vulture - 1
Osprey - 6
Northern Harrier - 2
Sharp-shinned Hawk - 31
Cooper's Hawk - 3
Broad-winged Hawk - 1
Red-tailed Hawk - 4
American Kestrel - 1
Merlin - 1
Peregrine Falcon - 2
Total - 52

To Date:
Turkey Vulture - 116
Osprey - 133
Bald Eagle - 70
Northern Harrier - 102
Sharp-shinned Hawk - 2148
Cooper's Hawk - 41
Northern Goshawk - 0
Red-shouldered Hawk - 0
Broad-winged Hawk - 1404
Red-tailed Hawk - 34
Rough-legged Hawk - 0
Golden Eagle - 0
American Kestrel - 396
Merlin - 77
Peregrine Falcon - 27
Total - 4548

Non-raptor sightings included - 16 Loons, a Swallow sp. - likely Tree, and two separate sightings of shorebirds.  The second sighting, which consisted of 4 birds was identified as being Plovers, either Golden or Black-bellied.  Unfortunately, lighting was very poor at the time.

Another 44 Monarchs were seen today flying along on their journey south.

My thanks to Ron, Norm, Phil, Allison, Carol, Pat & Nancy, Margaret, Dave, Patty, Cori, Hugh, John, Betty, and a long-overdue return of Mike & Leslie.  It was great fun finding those 'specks' with you all!

Sometime this week we should get a few NW wind days.....if they don't change.

Walter

PS - Looks like I did comment after-all.  LOL!

No comments: